Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FreeBMD down can anyone help me instead?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Yvette

Yvette Report 1 Oct 2003 19:59

Problem solved i can now get in... Many thanks Shelli for your kind help. Regards Yvette

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 1 Oct 2003 20:09

have mailed you directly Shelli

Yvette

Yvette Report 1 Oct 2003 20:11

Thanks Shelli, just got your email and replied same way. Yvette

Stan

Stan Report 1 Oct 2003 20:25

Hi, Yvette I see Shelli got there before me, but I thought I would say FreeBMD worked for me just now, so never despair of it. I expect Shelli has a better source, but you will find an Emma and an Eliza Streeter on FreeBMD when you can get on to it. Eliza's page is a question mark, but I have established from 1837 that it is page 127. Regards Stan Driver

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 1 Oct 2003 20:32

Stan don't put yourself down like that, i found Emma and ELiza but not alice, but i didn't look on 1837 just FreeBMD. FreeBMD has slowed right down now tho Shelli

Yvette

Yvette Report 1 Oct 2003 20:36

Stan Thankyou for that, i appreciate your help. Does the entry in the 1837 give any other details? If so i will invest and do some searches. Regard Yvette

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 1 Oct 2003 20:41

yvette 1837 only give you the same info you get on Freebmd, except you pay to veiw 1837 and if you're unsure of dat can prove expensive. In later years after appox 1910(not sure of exact date) 1837 does give the mothers maiden name as well as the given surname at birth. hope this makes sense Have searched high and low for Alice and can't find her, sorry Shelli

Yvette

Yvette Report 1 Oct 2003 20:50

Thanks Shelli, i appreciate the fact you have had a look for Alice. I dont know what it was about her and her husband William Elliff, neither of them have birth/baptism records, but i have a copy of the marriage certificate, so they had to come from somewhere!! Oh for a searchable census for 1861/71! Best wishes Yvette

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 1 Oct 2003 21:01

Yvette have you tried freecen that has Some not all earlier census, that cover some areas certainlt not all. Mail me the details and I'll look tomorrow , hubby itching to get on the comp!!! Shelli

Yvette

Yvette Report 1 Oct 2003 21:16

ok Shelli I have had a quick look at freecen, but not sure it will be of any help, but then it could be me! I will email you later, Thanks for all your help tonight Yvette