Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 look up for derby please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Teresa

Teresa Report 30 Sep 2003 19:17

could anyone look up an elizabeth roddis age 55 sons william age 23 samuel age 16 and harry age 11. daughter charlotte age 28 . all help much appreciated. thankyou in advance.

Emma

Emma Report 30 Sep 2003 19:43

Hi Teresa, RG12/2731, Folio 52, page 16 Derby St Werburgh Derbyshire 2 Robinsons? Yard Elizabeth Roddiss, head, wid, 56, Charwoman, Rotherham Sam Roddiss, son, sing, 16, labourer iron foundry, Derby Harry Roddiss, son, 11, stableboy, Derby

Teresa

Teresa Report 30 Sep 2003 19:47

thankyou sooo much lucy excellent

Teresa

Teresa Report 30 Sep 2003 20:03

lucy could you please look up an eliza woodward age 16 her father had died before the 1891 census but am looking for her house hold. she had sister fanny age 17 harriot 23 mary 11 brothersthomas 14 albert 10 i would really appreciate any info again thankyou

Emma

Emma Report 30 Sep 2003 20:05

Teresa Are they in Derby as well?

Teresa

Teresa Report 30 Sep 2003 20:50

sorry to keep you lucy had to just go out. yes they would be derby possibly st werburgh

Emma

Emma Report 30 Sep 2003 20:59

Teresa, There is only one Eliza age 16 or thereabouts but her father is listed on the census as Charles, mother Eliza. Let me know if this isn't her and I'll have another look. Do you have her mother's name? Emma.

Teresa

Teresa Report 30 Sep 2003 21:06

you're right again my mistake. her father was charles and he died before 1896 so that possibe is the one. he was a loco engine driver. on 1881 census his wife was eleanor but was age 21 being that eliza had older brother and sisters i am trying to find out whether this was his second marriage. thanks again

Emma

Emma Report 30 Sep 2003 21:15

Teresa, Here are the full details: Rg12/2734, Folio 103, page 5 Derby Litchurch Derbyshire 25 Twyford Street Charles Woodward, head, mar, 59, railway engine driver, Gloucestershire Tewkesbury Eliza Woodward, wife, mar, 35, Derbyshire Derby Eliza Woodward, daur, sing, 16, lace net mender, Derby Thomas Woodward, son, 14, apprentice printer, Derby Henry C Woodward, son, 13, apprentice butcher, Derby Mary Woodward, daur, 11, scholar, Derby Louisa Fearn, visitor, 4, Derby Caroline Fearn, visitor, wid, 59, Derby Emma.

Teresa

Teresa Report 30 Sep 2003 21:23

emma thankyou once again. that is so good of you