Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1851 Somerset look-up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sinead

Sinead Report 30 Sep 2003 17:05

Would anyone be able to do an 1851 census look-up for Somerset please? I am looking for Frederick Roles born 1846 in Stapleton although the surname may be found as Rolls.I don,t konw his parents names as I am waiting for a birth certificate to come through. Iwould be extremely grateful and at your never ending mercy! Thanks-you are all stars!Sinead

Marion

Marion Report 30 Sep 2003 21:44

Sinead, had a look at Stapleton Som. and could not find any Roles or Rolls. I have gone through twice in case I might have missed something but alas no luck! Will keep an open mind that maybe the census isn't complete. So sorry, would love to have been able to find something for you, Marion

Carol

Carol Report 30 Sep 2003 22:58

Sinead, I looked on the Bristol one as well, as there is a Stapleton there, and it may have been classed as Somerset then. No Frederick Roles or Rolls, sorry. Worth a try.

Sinead

Sinead Report 1 Oct 2003 21:22

Many thanks to you both for searching for me-sorry for the delay in getting back to you ,am having major problems with my son (adhd and asperger's) which put the kibosh on all for a while! I will have to have a think on where they may have gone form Stapleton in 1846-wouldn't I know he was going to be awkward. Many many thanks you are both vefy twinkly stars!!!!!!! Sinead.