Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Found a new name!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet

Janet Report 29 Sep 2003 14:39

Whilst searching for the elusive Frederick Forster (Carpenter in 1881, Master Baker in 1901, missing in 1891) and his wife Mary A, I found his 2 yr old daughter Ellen in 1891 as a Visitor with an Ellen Staines and her two children. I just did a BMD search for Marriage of Mary Staines, and found one who married Frederick Forster! I'd already searched for his marriage without success. So young Ellen was staying with her grandmother, presumably after whom she was named. Another family to search! But still no 1891 Frederick. Jan.

Patricia

Patricia Report 29 Sep 2003 15:14

Its a great feeling !! the only problem is that you tend to question yourself, hopefully its another branch for you, Good luck with your tree. Regards Pat