Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1841/1851 census look-up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Estelle

Estelle Report 28 Sep 2003 17:24

I am looking for any information about my G-G-Grandfather Richard Hows (or could be Howes). I know he was born c.1828 in Norfolk and his father's name was John. He later moved to Lincolnshire. Thanks in advance for any help. Estelle

Estelle

Estelle Report 29 Sep 2003 13:07

Pat, many thanks for that. I don't think it's a match though. I have the marriage certificate for Richard and his father is definitely John. Also, he married as Hows but their children were then known as Howes. I'll keep searching. Thanks for trying. Estelle

Sally-Anne

Sally-Anne Report 29 Sep 2003 21:51

This is probably a long shot, but I find this on the 1851: Richard Howse Head Unmarried 24 Saddler Born Buxton NFK Emma Howse Mother Widowed 45 House Servant Swanton NFK Ann Pert Lodger Unmarried 19 House Servant Buxton NFK Harriet Lowe Lodger Unmarried 18 House Servant Buxton NFK Address FoxLoke Aylsham Norfolk Regards Sally, Coventry

Estelle

Estelle Report 4 Oct 2003 16:58

Sally, thanks for your help. It can't be the one I'm looking for as by 1851 he was living in Boston, Lincs. Thanks for your help though. Estelle