Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Culverhouse 1891 Surrey lookup please?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Judith

Judith Report 26 Sep 2003 11:07

Please could some kind soul do a lookup in the 1891 Surrey census for me? I am looking for Alice Ethel Culverhouse, born August 1884 in Croydon or Carlsharlton. Many thanks, Judith

Janet

Janet Report 26 Sep 2003 11:59

I couldn't find an Alice Culverhouse that fitted your requirements. Did a search for Culverhouse, female, aged 6 (if she was born in December 1884 she wouldn't have been 7 until December 1891) and came up with these: Alice born Staffordshire Audley, living in Audley Daisy Sarah, born Bath Somerset, living in Twerton Somerset Edith, born North Kensington, living in Kensington Ekela, born Leatherhead, living in Leatherhead. If you want details of any of these, or a different search, let me know. Jan.

Judith

Judith Report 26 Sep 2003 12:19

Thanks for looking for me Jan. Unfortunately, none of them sound right! I think I'll have to try to find her marriage certificate and then her birth certificate. Judith

Janet

Janet Report 26 Sep 2003 14:10

Just did another search, this time for Culverhouse, female, born Croydon - no matches: born Carshalton - no matches. So unless you have something completely wrong, I just don't know what to suggest next. Jan.

Judith

Judith Report 26 Sep 2003 22:07

It looks (thanks to Amanda) that she was born in Epsom, not Croydon or Carlsharlton, as I'd been told by her daughter. So I was completely wrong! Judith