Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Good map site

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Keely

Keely Report 24 Sep 2003 13:32

A good website of old maps of UK. You can search place names, address and co-ordinate. You can also see the aerial view and a modern map of area. And its FREE to view and print the map! www(.)old-maps(.)co(.)uk

Katwin

Katwin Report 24 Sep 2003 14:34

Thanks for that Keeley, I'll log onto it now. Kathy

Katwin

Katwin Report 24 Sep 2003 16:28

I've had a good browse of this site which is very interesting and well worth pushing up to the top again for others to see. I found an 1878 map of the area where I spent my childhood and sent off for the decorative map. Even the small village in Essex where my mother was born was there as it was in 1880. I hope others find it as interesting as I did. Kathy

Mystified

Mystified Report 24 Sep 2003 16:55

Someone else and then myself recommended this site a while ago. It is brilliant, if you haven't already looked do so. Thanks for bringing it up again.

Maxine

Maxine Report 26 Sep 2003 21:35

I think this is a site not to be missed , so I'm pushing it back up again!

Rosalind in Madeira

Rosalind in Madeira Report 26 Sep 2003 21:44

Except the map I want is a big black hole :-( Ros