Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help!!! I am having trouble finding a birth

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 22 Sep 2003 17:58

John Ingram - on 1881 census aged 30 born North Petherton Somerset On 1901 aged 50 born North Petherton On Marriage certificate in Sep 1872 gives age as 20 I have searched 1837 from December 1848 to December 1853 and can find no trace of his birth. registration district should be Wells. Parents Delia and William Ingram. where on earth do I look now? any suggestions?

Janet

Janet Report 22 Sep 2003 18:07

According to BMD the Registration District for North Petherton, Somerset, is Bridgwater. Having said that, I couldn't find him on BMD anyway. Jan.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 22 Sep 2003 21:05

Marly I have checked 1837, that is the GRO records isn't it? Ann Glos

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 22 Sep 2003 21:08

Jan, thank you for that I have a John Ingram born Sept quarter 1849 Bridgewater. Maybe that is him. I was looking at wells because the rest of the certificates have been wells but they were centred on Butleigh where he got married and his wife died. I had assumed that N Petherton was also Wells. Thanks. Ann Glos