Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Great Xmas Tip.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarah

Sarah Report 22 Sep 2003 10:05

I now have details to get about 14 different certificates. If like me your family ask you what you would like for a present and you never have a clue. Why not ask them if they would be kind enough to chip in a bit towards those much wanted certs. I am going to ask my family to donate money into a pot so that I can get some of these certs as xmas presents. Thought this may be a good tip for my fellow tree searchers. Sarah.

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 22 Sep 2003 10:33

Sarah My birthday is soon and have already been harassing people for money for certs. They all think i've lost the plot!!! Shelli

Sandra

Sandra Report 22 Sep 2003 11:39

Know just what you mean shelli, my family think same buuuut they still want to know what else I have found out, good idea though for christmas gifts think they would mind if I gave them certificates erm now theres a thought sandra

Janet

Janet Report 22 Sep 2003 12:48

Why not give them a printed copy of the family tree as it stands at the moment, along with copies of certificates and any photographs that could put faces to names on the tree? Recently, it was my Aunt's 90th birthday, and I knew I had photos that came from my grandmother of the family when they were young. I also had photographs of my Aunt's grandmothers. I copied all the photographs I had, and put them in an album for her. Some of the original photos had been rather small, but I enlarged them to make them easier to see. She was over the moon! Said she hadn't seen some of the photographs for donkey's years! Although she had copies of some of them, she had no idea where they had gone. The best bit is that the photographs sparked off memories for her, and she's told us things we knew nothing about! Just an idea ........ Janet

David

David Report 22 Sep 2003 13:08

Perhaps, Southport could start selling gift vouchers

Sarah

Sarah Report 23 Sep 2003 20:50

David. Think we should pass your tip on to Southport. Marly. Good idea about magazine. Didn't think of that 1. Now have another present idea to go on my Santa wishlist. Sarah.