Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

web sites

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Louise

Louise Report 22 Sep 2003 09:56

Hve just found a new web site called www.ancestral-villages.co.uk where you can enter your own details & add you ancestors details to make a virtual village. Had an e-mail from them today & they sais they are getting loads of people tracy back their family good luck to all on there search.

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 22 Sep 2003 10:02

hi louise ive been on that site,its quite good. every village i put in,they told me i was the 1st person to request it!! praps the site isnt very popular,or has just started up!!! susie

Terence

Terence Report 22 Sep 2003 20:27

This site is definately worth shoving back to the top. I've just had a look at it, inputted two villages in Yorks and they are both there. This has to be another great way of finding out about your ancestors (plus their neighbours). Another bonus - It's FREE Terry

John

John Report 22 Sep 2003 20:35

Just added it to my favourites. Thank you Louise.

Ellen

Ellen Report 23 Sep 2003 10:21

Thanks for the tip. I have just entered my names for Wichenford and Doddenham. Cheers Helena

Oz Mozz

Oz Mozz Report 23 Sep 2003 11:09

I put on Gamlingay (Cams) on and went to put two Hunts villages on but they had been listed under Cambs. I emailed and got a great reply (very quick) saying that all the villages were under CURRENT boundaries. We might have to bear this in mind when looking for a village. I love the site. Really well done! I can't wait for some peace and quiet to be able to input a heap for Yorkshire! Sonja

Alison

Alison Report 23 Sep 2003 14:40

There is another site curious fox and you can list the names you are searching by area, its free to join but if you wish to email some one on the site you have to pay

Terence

Terence Report 23 Sep 2003 19:17

I've shoved this message back to the top in case anyone has missed it. This site should be on everyones favorites list. It's completely free and has to increase your odds of progressing with your research. Sonja: I've just started inputting Yorkshire as well - maybe we'll bump into each other :-) Good hunting everyone ! Terry

Paul

Paul Report 24 Sep 2003 00:40

Been there and added villages to it earlier in the year. It only started towards the beginning of this year as far as I know. I sent a couple of e-mails regarding checking what villages are on the site, and their reply basically said that they are working on it. How about if a number of us e-mailed them asking to link it to genes connected (and vice versa) Worth putting back up the list again Paul