Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A few credits left on 1837online

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Terence

Terence Report 21 Sep 2003 20:26

I've a few credits left if anyone wants a lookup on 1837online.So as not to waste them, please give qtr & year of search and if your name is Smith, my apologies, but my creidts won't last that long. I'll give a shout when the credits run out !! Terry

David

David Report 21 Sep 2003 20:34

I'm sorry I don't have the quarter, but I would be pleased if you could find Charles Habberfield's death in 1930. (Any other Habberfield's would be a bonus)

Cazziemc

Cazziemc Report 21 Sep 2003 20:44

Hello Terence Could you please look for a Charles Tonge, born 1840, probably Manchester or Chorlton. If I find him, I can get the birth certificate, I am looking for his mothers maiden name. Thanks in advance. Best wishes Carol

George

George Report 21 Sep 2003 21:03

can you look up Annie Little m Wilkinson Smith in Sept Quarter, yr 1880, Vol 10b Page 501, Town- Alston. Thank you George

Terence

Terence Report 21 Sep 2003 21:04

Hi David Charles Habberfield died Sept qtr 1930 age 79 district Swansea Ref: 11a 646 I also found the following which may or may not be of use to you. Haberfield Samuel N died June qtr 1930 age 29 District Cardiff Ref: 11a 352 Haberfield Elizabeth died Sept qtr 1930 District Islington Ref: 1b 221 Pat, 1837 only gives bmd with first and surnames year & qtr district and vol/page no. Get back to me if you have any other info on your relly

David

David Report 21 Sep 2003 21:25

Thanks for the info. Charles is my Gt grandfather. The other 2 are probably relations, it's an advantage having an unusual surname

Shirlock

Shirlock Report 21 Sep 2003 21:32

Hello Terry Is it possible to look for Eliza Powell born 1871 Smethwick Staffs sorry I don't have qtr or year. Shirley

Terence

Terence Report 21 Sep 2003 21:32

Hi Carol Charles Henry Albert Tonge born Sept qtr 1840 district Chorlton. Ref is: Vol Roman numeral XX page no 219 This may also be of help: Sept Qtr 1840 Henry Tonge district Chorlton Ref: Roman numeral XX page no 191 Jane Tonge district Chorlton Ref: Roman numeral XX page no 199 March Qtr 1840 Martha Tonge district Manchester Ref: Roman XX page no 489 June Qtr 1840 William Tonge District Manchester Ref Roman numeral XX page no 510

Terence

Terence Report 21 Sep 2003 22:11

Hi George 1837 just confirms the marriage of Annie Little, Sept Qtr 1880 District Alston ref: 10b 501 Also found Sept Qtr 1880 - Marriages: Rebecca Little District Alston Ref: 10b 502 Thomas Little District Carslisle Ref: 10b 587 William Little District Carslisle Ref; 10b 580 Hope that is some help. Shirley Hancock: Hi Shirley, I'm so sorry. I looked right through 1871 but with no joy. I wanted to try to return the favour after all the help you've given me recently. That's all folks (as Bugs Bunny used to say) credits have gone.

George

George Report 21 Sep 2003 22:20

I take it confirms Wilkinson Smith as the groom? Thats all I needed confirmation George

Shirlock

Shirlock Report 21 Sep 2003 22:23

Hello Terrence Thank you for looking, at least I know the year is the wrong one. Thanks again Shirley

Terence

Terence Report 21 Sep 2003 22:45

Hi George I'm sorry but I only looked up Annie Little. I didn't have enough credits to look up Smith as there would have been Grillions of them. That's the problem with common surnames. Shirley - thanks for your email re the Reynards, Will email you back soon. Terry

George

George Report 21 Sep 2003 22:48

Thanks for trying, will probably have to wait for the next FreeBmd update. George

Cazziemc

Cazziemc Report 22 Sep 2003 17:12

Hi Terence, you are a star!! I'm sure that the Charles Tonge you found was mine. I am just about to email Manchester Register Office now to check his parents are the right ones before I order the certificate. Once again, thank you so much. Best wishes, Carol.