Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bugbear from someone on GC

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Sep 2003 14:55

Hi, i keep getting sent the virus via someone on here that i havent contacted, any suggestions?

Alison

Alison Report 20 Sep 2003 14:59

I have received two email messages from people who think that they are contacting someone else entirely. There is definately something weird going on. So far, touch wood there is no sign of any virusus and i keep on updating my McAffee Virus scan to protect myself. If you get emails from people you do not know then whatever you do DO NOT OPEN ATTACHMENTS! Hope you solve the problems you have been having Alison

Meryl

Meryl Report 20 Sep 2003 20:24

Hi TodayI've received 2 emails from someone trying to contact someone for a look up and I've just received the reply so thy're also getting the emails. I had this happen a few days ago and contacted the site doing lookups and never got a reply, I'm just deleting them at the moment, don't know what else to do. Meryl

Crista

Crista Report 20 Sep 2003 20:52

Clare, The person with the virus must have you in their address book. The sender address is probably spoofed, so it's not definite that person is infected or actually sent it. Crista

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 20 Sep 2003 20:52

Clare i have rec'd two mails fron Gc members with attachments added that shouldn't have been there, but so far no virus!!! Shelli

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 20 Sep 2003 20:52

Clare i have rec'd two mails fron Gc members with attachments added that shouldn't have been there, but so far no virus!!! Shelli

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Sep 2003 21:56

Thanks, it ties in with another thread about Marilyn and someone else, ive had it through several times now.