Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 Lookup please....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mystified

Mystified Report 20 Sep 2003 12:29

Looking for the following family on the 1891 Census:- Thomas MORRIS coal miner born Maesteg Glamorgan age approx 46 Wife Ann born Llantwit Vardre age approx 37 Daughter Mary Jane born ? age approx 18 Daughter Margeret Ann born Llantwit Vardre age approx 13 Daughter Catherine born Llantwit Vardre age approx 11 Son John born Llantwit Vardre age 9 Thanks, John

April

April Report 20 Sep 2003 16:13

John, do you know if they were in Wales or England, as they are 2 different census. April

Mystified

Mystified Report 20 Sep 2003 16:24

Ann, They are all in Glamorgan, Wales in 1891 as far as I know... (Llantwit Vardre possibly) Thanks, John

Mystified

Mystified Report 20 Sep 2003 16:26

oooooooops sorry, April (I was emailing Ann at the time!!!) John

Mystified

Mystified Report 20 Sep 2003 20:26

Come on somebody must have the 1891 census for Glamorgan............... please

Mystified

Mystified Report 20 Sep 2003 20:46

Thanks Elizabeth but the ages don't match and Ann's birthplace doesn't match.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 20 Sep 2003 21:02

i'm still looking but not having much look. liz

Mystified

Mystified Report 21 Sep 2003 06:12

Thanks Linda, I think that's them. Having great problems re Thomas as his age seems to vary so much. Found his gravestone and his age on that throws all out as well. According to 1881 he should be 45 in 1891. Can't find his birth in Parish records. Does it say Clay county America or is it a ? like you have put? !881 says Clay county so an even bigger mystery John