Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Nazareth House Orphanage, Middlesbrough

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

George

George Report 20 Sep 2003 10:22

Hi Has any other member traced an ancestor or relative who was in Nazareth House? Need advice, I've tried emailing the Sisters of Nazareth Headquarters in London but it comes back undeliverable each time. I've contacted most of the local records offices with negative results. Any assistance gratefully received George

Teresa

Teresa Report 20 Sep 2003 14:12

Hi, I hope this may help you, I was in Nazareth House orphanage in Liverpool and when I was looking things up about myself it was hard enough. You can, as far as I know only find out information if you are the person who was in the orphanage but if you have the persons birth name and date of birth you can get their original birth certificate from Saint Catherines house in London. Also your local council has a department that is all about adoptions so they may be able to help you.

George

George Report 20 Sep 2003 14:21

Its even harder because she was'nt adopted. Her mum died when she was about 4yrs old and when she was 12 she lost her father. Her brother according to the 1901 census was sent to live with his uncle Thomas (my gg grandad) while Elizabeth was in Nazareth House,Middlesbrough in that census. I suspect that when she was 14 she would have been sent into service. It would probably be easier if she had been adopted. George

George

George Report 21 Sep 2003 18:04

up

George

George Report 13 Oct 2003 20:04

up