Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can anybody work this out please???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 19 Sep 2003 23:05

I have printed the Family Group Record of my GGGG.Grandad from the Family Search LDS Site and there are Four children listed (Could be three) Because there are two Marys but could be the same one. Maria Hind/ MARY Hind Christening: 30 October 1796 John Hind/ MARY Hind Christening: 06 April 1803 Death: 06 April 1804 Makes no sense to me (is this a case of born again Christian) seriously though cant work this one out. Any ideas would be appreciated. Sandra

Sandra

Sandra Report 19 Sep 2003 23:38

Many thanks Rosemary, I kept thinking I was seeing things. Ahh what a shame, I really hate it when a child dies. I feel like I really know them. Sandra

Andy

Andy Report 19 Sep 2003 23:45

I know what you mean, Sandra. I have a couple of death certificates for ancestors who died as children, and it makes for particularly sad reading when you see the cause of their death, e.g. gastric fever, etc and other symptoms that can be easily cured, these days....

Sandra

Sandra Report 19 Sep 2003 23:53

Hi Rosemary, Had to pop over to my names and kill poor Mary off. Shame. When I input the name or Surname of person I am looking for into search in LDS. Sometimes you get IGI Index as I did on that search. On the right hand side of page in line with Husband or Wife in Small letters it says Family. Click on and up come the children. If sometimes it says No children it is because you are looking at the marriage page, Go back to search results and look further down list and you may see an identical entry, look for last entry and that will probably be the updated one with the children. I am pretty new to this as well. Frustrating at times. There are people on here who can tell you a lot more than me though. I am always picking there brains. Sandra

Shirlock

Shirlock Report 19 Sep 2003 23:54

Hello Rosemary When you go to the IGI on the familysearch and you have typed in your ancestor a page will come up. If there is a batch no at the bottom of the page click it, another page will come up just put your ancestors surname in you should then get all the records of your rellies which have been put onto the IGI. Shirley

Sandra

Sandra Report 19 Sep 2003 23:57

Hi Andrew, Yes it must have been bad in those days. I will be sending to Notts Family History Society and see if they have a record of cause of death. Sandra, Lancashire

Lynne

Lynne Report 20 Sep 2003 11:01

I have just discovered a family of mine who had 8 children and 6 of them died within a year of birth. How sad! Lynne

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 20 Sep 2003 14:15

Hi, Always check out any IGI information with the actual parish records. In the early days of the church members were encouraged to estimate dates they were not sure of and so some information on the IGI is without foundation in fact. Gwynne

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 20 Sep 2003 21:35

I'm sorry, but where does it give you the actual IGI number? One of my ancesters is listed there along with his family, but I can't see this number people keep talking about. I've checked the results pages and the pages of all the individuals in the family. There's no number that I can see anywhere.

Sandra

Sandra Report 20 Sep 2003 21:46

Hi Kathryn, at the bottom of the page it may say Batch Number underlined. Sheet No. Source call No. Type: Film etc. Usually on Individual IGI Page. Family Group Record dosn't seem to have a number. On Family Search Household Records there are Family History Library Film No. PRO Ref No.Piece/Folio No.Page No: I am new to all this as well, can be frustrating at times. Sandra

Shirlock

Shirlock Report 20 Sep 2003 22:15

Hello Kathryn If you can't see a batch number to click on your ancestors IGI record you won't get any more relies information. You can only get more info if there is a batch number. Shirley