Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 Look up if possible, Patrick Gallagher

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cazziemc

Cazziemc Report 19 Sep 2003 17:11

Hello, I wonder if it would be possible for someone to look for Patrick Gallagher/Gallaher/Gollicker/Gollaker born approximately 1855/1861 in Swinford, County Mayo, Ireland? In 1889 he married Mary Wignall, who was born in Liverpool, ?Woolton in approx 1869. Some time ago, another kind person looked for me and gave me a Patrick and Mary Gallagher, along with a 7 day old child, Esther. For a while I thought this was my family, but further searching proved that they weren't. I would be so grateful if anybody could have another look for me please. Thank you all, Carol.

Michele

Michele Report 19 Sep 2003 17:44

Hi Decided to do a soundex search as the spelling could be various ways. I have put in Mary's details and come up with a Mary Gallagher (born lancashire, Liverpool in 1869) as head of family with a 1 year old son John F Gallagher. She is working as a charwoman and is listed as widowed, living at 3 Vickers Grove, Civil Parish - West Derby, Liverpool, Lancashire Ecclesiastical Parish of St Mary the Virgin. Son born in Liverpool too. Piece: RG12/2989 Folio: 127 Page: 28 Hope this will help Michele in Surrey

Cazziemc

Cazziemc Report 20 Sep 2003 16:28

Hi Michelle, thanks for looking for me. I don't think this will be mine, as although all the other details fit, my Patrick lived until 1924 and my grandfather, Christopher was born in 1900. Thanks for looking anyway - I suppose she could be lying!!

Janet

Janet Report 20 Sep 2003 16:37

The only Patrick Gallager I could find (and I did a search for G*er and this was the only result) was as follows: Patrick Gallager, 40, Road & Corporation Labourer, born Mayo, Swinford Winifred, Wife, 30, born Mayo, Swinford Margaret, 3, born Lancs, Liverpool Michael, 1, born Cheshire, Chestr Mary Moran, Lodger, Single, 26, Garden Labourer, born Ireland Dublin All living at 6 Davies Court, Chester. Jan.

Samantha

Samantha Report 20 Sep 2003 18:33

Hi Carol, Other than the one found by Jan, all I could find was a Patrick Gallagher aged 38 (widowed) who was living with his sister Bridget Regan aged 50 (also widowed) and her son Patrick Regan aged 23. It doesn't look like its yours but I thought it was worth letting you know just in case!!! Sam xx

Cazziemc

Cazziemc Report 21 Sep 2003 10:03

Sam and Jan Thank you both for trying anyway, perhaps he and Mary moved back to Ireland by 1891, and then came back to England by 1900, (probably just to confuse me more!!) Best wishes Carol