Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1871 look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Thomas

Thomas Report 19 Sep 2003 16:18

Looking for Edward James Vanner age unknown,wife Eliza 30,son Edwin James 6 and possibly Walter 2months. I have the parents and eldest son as born in Walworth, Surrey but Walter as Bethnal Green.They are missing from 1881 census.Any info would be much appreciated.

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Sep 2003 17:22

Haven't got 1871 but think I've found them on 1881. Eliza DANVER age 40 b Walworth Surrey Edwin James DANVER age 16 b Walworth Surrey Walter DANVER age 10 b Bethnal Green Middlesex Rose E DANVER age 9 b Walworth Surrey Earnest E DANVER age 6 b Gateshead George B DANVER age 5 b Gateshead Living at 26 Quarryfield Road Gateshead, Durham Sue

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Sep 2003 17:35

Found them in 1901 too, all as VANNER this time! Eliza and Rose were living in Gateshead. George had married a girl called Eliza b 1872 in London and they had a child called George age 7m b Gateshead. They were living in Heworth Within, Durham. Ernest had married a girl called Ann b 1873 in Gateshead. They had a son called Ernest age 1 b Gateshead. They too were living in Heworth Within. Walter had married a girl called Eliza b 1873 in Gateshead. They had 5 children, all born in Gateshead: Alice age 8 Jane age 7 Rose age 5 Walter age 2 John age 2m They were living in Gateshead. Edwin married an Isabella b 1875 in Gateshead. They had 2 daughters, Frances age 4 and Elizabeth age 2, both born in Gateshead. They were living in Gateshead. Sue

Thomas

Thomas Report 20 Sep 2003 00:27

Bless you Susan, I've tried all sorts of combinations of name as I have the 1881 on disc but have had no luck,I had found them on 1901 but have'nt found a marriage nor a census when Eliza's husband was alive so I've no idea of his age! Once again thanks for your help,Regards Tony

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Sep 2003 23:13

Are you sure that Edward was dead in 1881? Eliza was still listed as married rather than widowed. Dunno where he was yet though. I've found a death for Edward Vanner age 54 in Dec 1899 in St. Saviour District, which includes part of Walworth. It would have made him born in 1845 which seems about right. Rose Emmeline Vanner also appears under births in the same district for Dec 1871. Sue

Thomas

Thomas Report 21 Sep 2003 11:19

Hi again Sue,yes I checked on 1881 after your last message and noticed she is'nt down as widow.I've also found the birth of another daughter in Dec Qtr 1871 and her death in Mar Qtr 1872 both in Gateshead.I'm going to have a go at finding them on 1871 at Gateshead central library tomorrow now I have an address to look for.The only reservation I have on that death for Edward is that after 1871 they never moved away from Gateshead and also she is shown as a widow on1891.Thank you so much for your interest and help I'll let you know if I make any progress tomorrow.Regards Tony.