Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sorry to ask - 1891 census Liverpool request

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pat

Pat Report 18 Sep 2003 00:08

Hi I am trying to tie in with someone else our Ryland family but after checking my mountain of paper I can't find 1891 census details. Looking for Ellen Rylands 1872 born @ Grange Lane Little Woolton. On 1881 census Ellen was 8yrs -Edward 10 - James 12 & her widowed mother Mary Ann 36. In 1897 she was living 2 York Cottages L.W. If anyone can help - thanks very much. Pat

Stan

Stan Report 18 Sep 2003 00:54

Hi, Pat I can't find Ellen or James at present. There could be a spelling problem of course. Mary Ann exists (one with correct details of only two): 36 Gateacre Brow, Much Woolton: Elizabeth O Mercer, Head, S, 52, Living on (own means?), Lancs, Much Woolton; Mary Ann Rylands, Lodger, Wid, 46, Laundress, Lancs, Much Woolton; William T Bateson, Lodger, S, 19, Groom, Cheshire, Birkenhead. Edward also exists (only one of correct age from correct area): 7 (Bellouk?) Bar Court, York: Sarah Musgrave, head, Wid, 52, Living on own means, Yorks, Gate Helmsley; Rose Musgrave, Daur, S, 13, Yorks, Richmond; Joseph Ward, Boarder, S 28, Tailor, Yorks, Riseborough (!?); Edwards Rylands, Boarder, S, 20, Groom (D. Servant), Gateacre, Liverpool. I hope this helps a bit. Best wishes Stan Driver

Pat

Pat Report 18 Sep 2003 01:12

Thanks for looking Stan Think the Mary Ann is the right one. May have been reg' under Rylance I know this has happened sometime. Yes it did help -thanks again - think I'm off to get some shut eye. Goodnight . Pat P.S. It was the right Edward he went on to run a pub.