Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Box-eyed

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

May

May Report 16 Sep 2003 11:07

Has anyone else got little square boxes at the top of GC. jumping in and out all the time. It's very off putting. How can I get rid of them. May

Ann

Ann Report 16 Sep 2003 11:37

I have an ad trash can with Norton Security. I popped them in there and not seen them since. Ann

Angelic Alaina

Angelic Alaina Report 16 Sep 2003 12:46

May I've got them too their blue at the moment!! Alaina

Margaret

Margaret Report 16 Sep 2003 13:04

I turned the ad blocker on (Norton security) and the've gone!!! Margaret

May

May Report 16 Sep 2003 13:17

Hi Marley, I have dropped GC a line. Hope this solves it. Haven't got Norton yet. Bit new to computers. My son bought it for me for company. I have found it great. Lots of nice helpful and kind people on the site, a bit like extended family really, so thank you, and researching family tree FASCINATING. May

May

May Report 16 Sep 2003 13:30

NOW! you tell me Marley. Guess I'm hooked. May

May

May Report 16 Sep 2003 13:55

Your right Marley, such a nice warm friendly feeling. Everyone researching and don't you get excited for someone else as well when they find someone. Haven't had the computer very long and when I got it I went on a chat line for genealogy, not this one I hasten to add. A box clicked at the bottom and as I didn't know a thing about computers I clicked on it. I wont tell you what the man wanted but I never went back. Came on this site and its great. Now everyone, I have hogged this for too long. Going away for a week to look for a house so you will get a bit of peace from me . Bye May

May

May Report 16 Sep 2003 18:58

I have had a reply from Nicky GC. He says he is sorry but they can't do anything about the boxes but as it is only an advert it will not be there permanent. Thought I would just let everyone know. May

Melba64

Melba64 Report 16 Sep 2003 18:59

Thanks for the info May. Mel