Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

New Format - but where are the Links?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Leah

Leah Report 16 Sep 2003 06:37

I like the new format of GC - but one thing - where are the Links page? Are GC going to add them to the Resource Centre feature? I often use the Links to go to various other sites eg census, freebmd and ancestry. Perhaps we will find them added in the future. Leah

Janice

Janice Report 16 Sep 2003 06:55

I was also shocked to come back after a couple of hours and find a complete change. Links is now under Resource Centre, tucked at the bottom. Janice

Sue

Sue Report 16 Sep 2003 08:33

Am I missing something? GC looks just the same to me. No new format here - or is it just because its early morning here and I'm not really awake yet? Sue at Langley Vale

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Sep 2003 08:37

It looks just the same to me too! Not got any resource centre or anything like that.

Patricia

Patricia Report 16 Sep 2003 08:37

Susan You must be a mind reader, as i was thinking the same thing. I don't see anything different here either. Resource Centre? What Resource Centre ? Pat

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Sep 2003 08:44

I thought it was me too as I can see any change? Regards Margaret

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 16 Sep 2003 09:47

Ditto to all the above...What new format? Invitation must still be in the mail :)

Anna

Anna Report 16 Sep 2003 09:52

earlier this morning the website looked totally different,yet when i looked again half an hour later,it was back to the old format.Maybe they were just testing it or something.Very odd

HampshireMel

HampshireMel Report 16 Sep 2003 10:13

First thing this morning it was all new, now its back to usual again...whats going on???.... confused me for a bit initially!

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 16 Sep 2003 10:50

No change here in Harlow. OOoh something different,oh what fun. what a sad life i must lead !! elaine x

Leah

Leah Report 16 Sep 2003 13:03

Hi- Mystery solved, I emailed support after posting this thread and the Links are going to be in the Resource Centre board. GC must have been testing the new format as I have the old screen now. The new layout is a softer green and there will be a few extra features as well. Leah, NSW, Australia