Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BORDER CHANGES HELP

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deborah

Deborah Report 14 Sep 2003 09:56

Can someone tell me if Plashetts, Falstone and Fourstones were/are in Scotland or Northumberland? I have several members of one family on 1891 & 1901 census whose place of birth simply says Scotland. However on 1881 they come from the above places, transcribed by LDS as Northumberland. Their baptisms are on IGI and took place at Falstone, Scotland. Where do I put them as being born? Thanks, Debbie

Thomas

Thomas Report 14 Sep 2003 10:11

Falstone and the rest are in Kielder area of Nothumberland.

Deborah

Deborah Report 14 Sep 2003 10:55

Thomas, Thank you for that, but were they ever in Scotland? Or did my people just think they were born there? Debbie

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Sep 2003 11:20

Hi Debbie, The National Library of Scotland have quite a few maps that you can view on line. I had a look at one dated 1860-1920. I did see the towns that you mentioned in the Northumberland area. You can have a look - http://www(.)nls(.)uk/digitallibrary/map/early/scotland(.)cfm?id=780 Regards Margaret

Deborah

Deborah Report 14 Sep 2003 11:29

Thanks Margaret, I'll take a look. Debbie