Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

northamptonshire look up please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Belle56

Belle56 Report 14 Sep 2003 07:12

can any kind person out there do a look up for me, it's a marriage of john foster, possibly around 1890ish, to a jane? around the barby/rugby area, the slightest bit of information would be gratefully recieved. many thanks.

Belle56

Belle56 Report 14 Sep 2003 12:54

thanks very much rosemary, yes these are my people, i have all the details of the children, one being my ggrandmother, i was just trying to find out what janes maiden name was, or where they lived, i believe it would have been near a farm, and were there any more fosters in that area. Many thanks again.

Belle56

Belle56 Report 14 Sep 2003 18:49

many many thanks rosemary, it's very much appreciated, only i did a blanket search on the fosters in northants this morning and i found a marriage of john charles foster in rugby in sept 1891, which might fit, anyone know if i can do a similar search on just a forename, these searches can only be done early morning or late evening, by the way where do you get your information from did you buy a disc if so how much?

Belle56

Belle56 Report 15 Sep 2003 14:27

oh rosemary you are so very kind, would it be possible to have the details of all the fosters in barby when you have a mo,you don't have to include john foster and co. do you recommend ancestory? i was thinking of taking up the two free weeks they offer, but will have to wait till my work shedule allows me to sit here day and night, although my husband thinks i do already. again many many thanks.

Belle56

Belle56 Report 16 Sep 2003 12:06

A BIG THANK YOU ROSEMARY. I hope you pick this up as i'm having trouble with the GC site, i can't send emails to people as it keeps asking me to upgrade, and as i already have i'm a bit stuck, awaiting a reply from GC support, i did send emails to you, but the demon mailer brought them back, again many thanks. april.xx