Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Any CANADIANS from Nova Scotia Out there

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 13 Sep 2003 22:41

I am looking for a Family from NOVA SCOTIA is there a good site for beginning my search. Many thanks Sandra.

Melba64

Melba64 Report 13 Sep 2003 22:46

If they were there in 1880/1 try the Latter Day Saints FamilySearch website. There is the Canadian, British and American Censuses on there. Mel

Sandra

Sandra Report 13 Sep 2003 22:50

Hi Mel, I am looking for my Great Gt.Grandmothers Family she was born in 1835 so need to go back a bit. Have looked on LDS but nothing. Her name was MARY WEEDON from Sydney Nova Scotia.

Melba64

Melba64 Report 13 Sep 2003 23:42

Sorry I can't offer any further assistance. Keep trying though and I'm sure you will find her. I have a couple of missing relatives and they are in England so I don't envy you looking for anyone abroad. Good luck. Mel

Penny

Penny Report 14 Sep 2003 03:16

Sandra, here is a web site with lots of sites for Canada. http://www(.)islandnet(.)com/~jveinot/cghl/links-etc(.)html [remove the brackets around the periods] Scroll down to the bottom for Nova Scotia and click on that - perhaps that will give you some information or give you an idea of where to search next. Penny

Sandra

Sandra Report 14 Sep 2003 20:12

Thanks for the URL Penny I shall look later. Will let you know how I go as it may help someone else looking for similar. Sandra