Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Oh boy do i need some help!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cosmosmallpiece

Cosmosmallpiece Report 13 Sep 2003 15:42

Hi everyone i hope someone can give me some advise. Here go's on the 1901 census my g granddad said he came from Bristol i have checked every where i can and there is no sign of him,i think i have found him on the 1891 living in Bristol with his wife but she has the wrong first name.I have 2 marriage certificates and a death certificate of his because i know he married twice,but his date of birth changes every time i have tried every Frederick King born around 1870 that comes up on the net but still after 3 years i still have got no further . So please can anyone help thank you Lita

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 13 Sep 2003 15:59

The 1881 census shows 26 Stevens Crest Bedminster Somerset Lydia S King W age 45 boarding house keeper Emma G 16 dressmaker John 10 Fredrick 7 Scholars all the family are born in Bristol plus an aunt Elzabeth Gerrish 56 b Bradford Wilts Hope this is of some use to you Bren

Cosmosmallpiece

Cosmosmallpiece Report 13 Sep 2003 16:13

Thank you Brenda i had not found that one may be it is him as he said on both marriage certs his dad was dead.I will try down that road and see what i can find. Thank you Lita

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 13 Sep 2003 16:39

Hi Lita, have found 3 further Frederick Kings born in Bristol on 1881. Do you know names of any siblings, or father's occupation or anything else? Let me know and I will pop the details on an e-mail to you. Maz. XX

Cosmosmallpiece

Cosmosmallpiece Report 13 Sep 2003 16:47

Sorry Maz thats the trouble i do not know much about him,please can you send me the names as before i could have missed some thank you Lita