Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 Double Check Please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarah

Sarah Report 12 Sep 2003 11:53

Can someone please do a double check. I have looked at Joseph T Fairclough. RG12/81 Folio 53 Page 22. It states that he was 31 but have not matched birth cert. Need someone to look as I believe the age written is not 31. Would appreciate another opinion. They are sited at the bottom of page. Thanx. Sarah.

April

April Report 12 Sep 2003 12:11

Will have a look April

April

April Report 12 Sep 2003 12:19

Had a look it does look like 31, thought it might be 51 but the 5's look slightly different, if you get what I mean. April

Sarah

Sarah Report 12 Sep 2003 12:21

Thanx April. I am now having probs with my comp. Started doing lookup for Jacqui. Don't know if you can help her. Sarah.

Janet

Janet Report 12 Sep 2003 16:28

I've just been to have a look too, and it certainly does look more like 31 than 51. And his wife is clearly shown as 30. Jan

Sarah

Sarah Report 12 Sep 2003 16:35

Thanx Jan. Just confused as I believe it is 21. He was born in Liverpool and the only birth ref I can find is for 1871 which would make him 21. So just wanted second opinion.. Will have to go off now and search some more. : o ( Sarah.

Janet

Janet Report 12 Sep 2003 16:40

I really don't think it is 21 - but don't forget, they used to tell terrible fibs about their ages. I've mentioned this before as an example, but in 1846 (marriage cert) and 1851 my gt gt grandfather was 10 years older than his wife; in 1871 he was about 15 years older; and in 1881 and 1891 he was 20 years older. So your man might not have liked to say he was a lot younger than his wife! Jan.

Sarah

Sarah Report 12 Sep 2003 16:46

Yes Jan and the fact that he took on stepkids that I don't even think she was the mother of. They appear with her on 1901 census but not him. The childrens surname has changed too. All too confusing for me. I think I need a drink. ; o ) Sarah.

Sarah

Sarah Report 12 Sep 2003 21:08

Thanx Rosemary. Think I should have a few more drinks and then look at it. Will look like 71 then. Sarah.