Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

amazing site - WWI photos

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Zoe

Zoe Report 9 Sep 2003 16:29

Online database of photos and obituaries for soldiers from World War One. Not found who I was looking for but a great find if you have a relative on there. http://www(.)ww1photos(.)com

Trish

Trish Report 9 Sep 2003 16:34

Thanks Zoe, will look at this later.

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 9 Sep 2003 17:51

Zoe - just been on that site for a look around. What a wonderful site, and would be so useful if someone was looking for a relative who lost their life in WWI. Recommend it to anyone interested in putting a face to a name -no point in a string of dates if you cannot imagine what they looked like is there? Jacqui

Katinahat

Katinahat Report 9 Sep 2003 23:51

Thanks Zoe Kathy Epsom, SRY

Katwin

Katwin Report 10 Sep 2003 09:09

Zoe - what a wonderful site this is. I have just had a browse and the photos are amazing. Lovely young men who died for their country. I do not have any ancestors killed in World War 1 but your message is worth bringing to the top again for those who do! Kathy

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Sep 2003 10:05

Hi Zoe, another good site is www(.)capefam(.)freeserve(.)co.(.)uk Only if you have plenty of time to view it all. Some good links too on the site. Jo

Sheila

Sheila Report 10 Sep 2003 15:08

Great site Zoe have you anything for ww2 please Sheila Mallen