Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

genealogy census c.d.s

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Meryl

Meryl Report 7 Sep 2003 10:36

I'm thinking about buying a census cd from S & N genealogy supplies (advanced order) has any one dealt with this company? the discription says " This is the original census information digitised from microfiche & supplied as Acrobat documents with St. & area indexes" What does that mean? Is it in the original handwriting and will it be easy to use? Thanks Best Wishes Meryl

Annie in

Annie in Report 7 Sep 2003 11:11

I have a set of Lancs 1891 cds which I got through the same company. They delivered the London area one first! However,on ringing up and complaining,I recieved the correct cds the next day. The only prob.I have with it is that there is no name index,so unless you have an address,you could be looking for weeks and because they are from the original census,it is sometimes very hard to read!

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Sep 2003 11:11

Ive got the 1891 Surrey and Essex CDs, the only problem is they arent indexed, so its a question of just scrolling through the areas. The company is very good though. Im off to a family history fair today, so im going to see if i can get any more CDs there.

Meryl

Meryl Report 7 Sep 2003 13:23

Thanks, I'll have to think about that! Meryl