Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1861 and 1871 Census for Gloucestershire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann

Ann Report 7 Sep 2003 10:12

Does any body know if these exist if so does anybody have access. Looking for Elizabeth King possibly of Mangotsfield,born 1860 mother Ann, Father Robert, I think.Many thanks

Marion

Marion Report 7 Sep 2003 17:59

Ann, Do you need any details from 1851 census? I found Robert KING 25 a Blacksmith and his wife Ann 20, apparently living with Father in law and son Albert 2months. The transcription isn't clear so will try to find the original digital copy if you need it. Marion

Ann

Ann Report 7 Sep 2003 20:00

Thanks, I left a message about the free rootsweb site,with the census Gloucestershire I discovered last night with details of the 1851 census, I am hoping that somewhere I will be able to fill the gap up to the 1891 census where I have this lady pinned down. I half suspect that this man Robert could possibly be her father and I have found an Albert, the 4 mth old in the census, in London . Elizabeth married a Londoner though no marriage reg. as yet. There is a possible Robert Cook living in in the same area as Albert King 1881. I believe Elizabeth was in Stroud at this time.All guess work as yet but feels right, thanks for the offer.

Marion

Marion Report 7 Sep 2003 21:17

Ann, Not sure by you reply whether or not you still want a digitised copy of the original census film. I can send it through as an attachment if you contact me with your e-mail address. Marion