Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Canton area - Cardiff 1891 Look up

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 6 Sep 2003 14:57

Hi - has anyone any access to the 1891 Cardiff indexes? I need to find my grandmother IDA TRIGG who was born in 1886 or thereabouts and would have been living in Canton area of Cardiff (sorry no specific address) Her father's name was Thomas and her mother's probably Elizabeth (not absolutely sure though). I know the 1891 is address orientated but someone might have the name idexes which might help me. thanks in anticipation of your assistance. Jacqui

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 6 Sep 2003 15:16

Hi Jacquie Here they are living at 5 (looks like) Criedoer St Canton Thomas 28 born Gloucester Margaret 32 born Cwmbran Ida L 3 born Newport Elsee G 9 months born Cardiff Mary Harris Mother In Law 69 widow born Cwmbran Martha Kensfier 59 Lodger born Newport Hope that helps. Lynda

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 6 Sep 2003 15:27

Lynda - how can I ever thank you? Grannie was missing for such a long time and now I have another avenue to go down. Many many thanks. Jacqui

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 6 Sep 2003 16:02

Jacqui Your more than welcome. It's great when you get new info isn't it? Lynda