Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is 1837 complete

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dave & Sally

Dave & Sally Report 5 Sep 2003 18:35

Just wondering if 1837 is complete. Just tried to find D certificate of somebody who I think died in 1984. It wasn't there. I know I could be wrong but just thought somebody might know?

Keith

Keith Report 5 Sep 2003 21:27

Hi David.Yes it is as complete as can be, but as Barbara says it depends on the date of registration, NOT the date of the event. Keep looking, good luck

Stan

Stan Report 5 Sep 2003 23:51

Hi David, I have found several instances of missing pages in 1837, most recently Oct-Dec 1909 deaths for PEA-PEN. Page 233 (PEA) is there, wrongly labelled PEA-PEN, and page 235 (PEN)is there, but the page I want, page 234, has not been copied. It is worth looking to see if all the expected names are there, and checking the page numbers against the next or previous set of letters if there is any doubt. 1837 can be notified, though I don't know how long they take to add the missing pages. Best wishes in your search, Stan Driver Stan Driver

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 5 Sep 2003 23:57

I have been on there very recently and my son, born 1992 is still not on there, so I do think there are a few gaps still. Kim