Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MYSTERY!!!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawn

Dawn Report 5 Sep 2003 08:01

I'm trying to find a man who is a vertual mystery. he is my great grand father WALTER MASKERY, he died in 1922 from cancer but i cnnot find when and if he was ever married, he had numerous illegitamate children but i cant seem to track him down, i thought i had found him but it was a walter theodore Maskery. can any one help me to find information on him, he was a stone mason apart from that the trail goes cold.

Mystified

Mystified Report 5 Sep 2003 08:23

Unfortunately you don't give an area or an age but on the 1901 census, which you may have, there are the following; Walter Maskrey 32 Wirksworth Stone mason Also 1 aged 50 in London If he is the Wirksworth one there is an excellent site for it, http://www.wirksworth.org.uk/Menu.htm#search John

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 5 Sep 2003 10:24

Dawn, You probaly have done this, but just incase here are other names. There are 2 Walter Maskery on the 1891 Census, as follows: - maskery (Unknown), Walter Relationship: Son County: Derbyshire Age: 11 Civil Parish: Staveley Gender: Male ED: 1 Where Born: Derbyshire, Staveley Eccl. Parish: St John the Baptist Piece: RG12/2768 Town: Handley Folio: 9 Page: 11 maskery (Unknown), Walter Relationship: Son County: Staffordshire Age: 29 Civil Parish: Cheadle Gender: Male ED: 6 Where Born: Staffordshire, Tunstall Eccl. Parish: Freehay St Chad Piece: RG12/2192 Town: Huntley Folio: 94 Page: 5 And there are 282 other Maskery's too there .... I tried to do an 1881 search but the site is down for Mtce If you want more info on them let me know Jeni

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 5 Sep 2003 10:31

But, the Walter John found and you are commenting on has the surname spelt MASKREY as opposed to MASKERY as originally in your posting. I have found him too in the 1891 census as follows: - Maskrey, Walter T Relationship: Head County: Derbyshire Age: 23 Civil Parish: Wirksworth Gender: Male ED: 3 Where Born: Derbyshire, Wirksworth Eccl. Parish: St Mary Piece: RG12/2750 Town: Wirksworth Folio: 45 Page: 21 He is a STone Mason and is married with no children to a Jane E Maskrey. Let me know Jeni

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 5 Sep 2003 10:57

Have sent an email reply with results. Jacky

Mystified

Mystified Report 5 Sep 2003 18:10

I realised re the spelling of the surname but I put in a general search ie Mask* and that is the 2 that came up. It may have been mis-spelt