Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawn

Dawn Report 3 Sep 2003 11:36

i am lookin for my great grandfather joseph stanley, he was born in sheffield around 1880's and also his son mathias stanley i need his marriage cert and birth cert, i think he was born around 1903.

Maxine

Maxine Report 3 Sep 2003 11:40

Hi Dawn Have you looked on 1837 online?(see links section on the left)This list all registered births deaths and marriages. It is a pay to view site. You may be lucky with freebmd, but its unlikely, as 1903 is unlikely to be transcribed yet. Regards Maxine

Sarah

Sarah Report 3 Sep 2003 11:49

Dawn. I just looked on freeBMD. Joseph Stanley, Mar 1876 Sheffield 9c 546. Joseph Thomas Stanley, Sept 1883 Sheffield 9c 470. Hope this helps a little. Can't find Mathias though. Sarah.

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 4 Sep 2003 12:22

Dawn, Can you email me more details on Joseph, and I will look in the Census! I have found one Joseph Stanley in 1891, who was 15, born in Sheffield, he was a boarder with a Linley family .... was he definately born in Sheffield? It seems he was born in 1876, the same one as Sarah has found ..... Jeni

George

George Report 4 Sep 2003 12:36

This looks like Joseph Stanley b 1876 Sheffield: John WATERBOTTOM Head W Male 50 Stalybridge, Cheshire, England Baker Maria STANLEY Sister W Female 40 Stalybridge, Cheshire, England Joseph STANLEY Nephew Male 5 Sheffield, York, England -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Source Information: Dwelling 4 Pye Bank Census Place Brightside Bierlow, York, England George