Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Could somebody do me a 1891 lookup please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann

Ann Report 1 Sep 2003 16:29

There is a shortage of births on freebmd late 1880s and I am trying to find a Lily (perhaps Ellinor) Matthewman aged about 1 of Rotherham and if possible Jane Blatherwick again maybe about 1 possibly Eccleshall or Nottingham.Many thanks

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Sep 2003 17:13

Found Lillie age 4 months living with grandmother Maria age 68 and widowed born Derby also George 20 and Sarah 22 born Rotherham classed as grandchildren also.

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Sep 2003 17:15

There is a 4yr old Jane born in Sheffield. Could that be right?

Ann

Ann Report 1 Sep 2003 17:33

Many thanks Clare, gives me something to work on. I found a lily on the 1901 and Ellinor born the right year see if I can find George and Sarah probably mum and dad.Was Jane a Blatherwick cos I cannot find one born the right time expected her to be younger.Thanks again

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Sep 2003 18:17

Yes Jane was Blatherwick, they were living in Brightside Bierlow if that helps

Ann

Ann Report 1 Sep 2003 18:30

lovely thanks, I think the Matthewmans are the ones I want. Still together in 1901 but in Rotherham where they ought to be. Sarah and george the parents. Cant find Jane only on her marriage cert. Must have another name.