Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 census (England) look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deborah

Deborah Report 28 Aug 2003 20:58

Would anyone mind checking the 1891 census for a George Robert Simpson, born in 1883 in Nawton, Yorkshire. His parents were called William and mary Ann Simpson. I was wondering whether he had any brothers and sisters. Fred was quite possibly an elder brother. Thanks a lot Debbie

Janet

Janet Report 28 Aug 2003 22:51

Market Street, Kirkby Moorside, NEWTON, Yorkshire William Simpson 36 Basket Maker, Born Yorkshire Helmsley Mary Ann Wife 32 Nawton Frederick William 11 Nawton Emeline 9 " George Robert 8 " John Harold 6 " Martha Jane 5 " The address at the top is shown as NEWTON, but the hand written place of birth is NAWTON. Jan.

Deborah

Deborah Report 29 Aug 2003 08:09

Thanks Jan, sorry I didn't reply sooner but I started this at work but then got busy and by the time I got home it was midnight (I work twilight hours on delivery suite so I never know when it is busy!)Just checking before I take the kids to school. How did you get hold of the 1891 census? Debbie

Heather

Heather Report 29 Aug 2003 08:48

Deborah the 1891 census is on w w w . a n c e s t r y . c o m there is a free 14 day trial, but be warned if you dont want to subscribe you must tell them before the 14 days is up or you will be debited the money hevi

Janet

Janet Report 29 Aug 2003 14:46

I wonder if these are relatives of my late husband. He was born in Sheffield, but I don't know anything about his family at all. Jan

Deborah

Deborah Report 29 Aug 2003 15:22

Jan William came from Helmsley as did his mother and Grandmother who were both unmarried. (They were called Hannah & Mary). My Grannie, Nellie Simpson, was William's Grand daughter and she remembers them having a farm. She said Uncle Fred, William's eldest brother, had a club foot. Apart from that I don't really know an awful lot more about them (yet)