Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

any other sites simalar to ukbdm?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 27 Aug 2003 19:26

Got a copy of Marriage entry for gggrandparents last week,from Manchester Cathederal(really good value fifty pence plus thirty pence postage)To make it even better value there is a copy of the previous wedding,no relation to me,have entered details on ukbdm and wondered if anyone knew where else I could submit details in the chance someone may be looking for this couple,Thanks Kathleen

Andy

Andy Report 27 Aug 2003 19:37

Hi Kathleen, Just out of interest but what information is included/not included on the details that you received? For instance is the father's name for bride and groom included at all, as with normal marriage certs? Thanks, Andy

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 27 Aug 2003 19:44

Linda,would do that but would I have to create a fake relative, Andrew,it gives as much info as any marriage certs I have Kathleen

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 27 Aug 2003 20:34

Forgot to mention also got the Baptism record for ggrandad also Manchester Cathederal and there are seven other entries on the page.I think it was all really good value for one pound thirty for both items. Wonder if GC could give us a board for that kind of info Kathleen

Vera

Vera Report 27 Aug 2003 22:53

Kathleen Can you please let us all know how you got these certificates? Did you send for them, if so, where? Sounds very good value and a lot better than having to pay £7. Being a pensioner that is a big problem and sometimes holds up the research. Looking forward to hearing from you. Vera Manchester

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 27 Aug 2003 23:28

Hello Vera, I got the certs from from Manchester Library Family History Dept,They are photo copies of original parish entries,fifty pence A4 size and £1 for A3. just browsing one day as you do and went Manchester City Council Libraries site and found family history.They have quite a few parish records most of them you can have copies off www.manchester.gov.uk family history,Hope they have something for you I was well pleased Good Luck Kathleen

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 27 Aug 2003 23:30

cheers Karen, will do that ,thanks Kathleen

Shirlock

Shirlock Report 28 Aug 2003 00:08

Hello Kathleen I also found this Manchester Cathedral site last week. Yes it seems very good. But,I am having problems getting on to it now is this the full website address. Thank you Shirley

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 28 Aug 2003 08:01

Hi Shirley, Its the address for library,they have cathederal records for certain years Kathleen

Shirlock

Shirlock Report 28 Aug 2003 08:09

Thank you kathleen Shirley

Shirlock

Shirlock Report 28 Aug 2003 16:46

Hello Kathleen Could you read all the info of the A4 or do you think the A5 would be a better buy? I have found the web page now and as soon as I find out about the church I am sending for my info. Cheers Shirley

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 28 Aug 2003 17:58

Shirley, I ordered A4 and can read it quite clearly,even without my specks, honestly I was well pleased with them,reason I ordered A4 was they would be easy to store without folding them etc,good luck let me know what you think when you get them.Wish Liverpool library done this as most of mine come from Liverpool,I could order lots then Regards Kathleen