Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

paddiesburn or paddiesbarn

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jackie

Jackie Report 26 Aug 2003 08:27

looking for a place in northern ireland called paddiesburn or paddiesbarn, have been told my grandad visited family there,if i could find this it would help my research , any help appreciated

Janet

Janet Report 26 Aug 2003 14:23

Are you sure it was Northern Ireland, there is a Paddaburn Moor in Northumberland. Jan

Beryl

Beryl Report 26 Aug 2003 14:41

Jacqueline I found my 2xggparents living in Paddys Row a mining area in Co.Durham in 1861. Lots of places earned a similar sort of name because of the Irish immigrants who came over to find work. Perhaps you are certain it is Ireland though? Beryl Darlington DUR

Jackie

Jackie Report 26 Aug 2003 20:26

yeah its definetly northern ireland,my auntie thinks it maybe near belfast, cant seem to find it though, thanks anyway, jackie

Crista

Crista Report 26 Aug 2003 20:32

Jacqueline, Check your message on the Guest Board. Someone thinks it's Purdysburn. Crista

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 Aug 2003 20:42

Hi I'VE just replied on theguest board .It's Purdysburn near South Belfast. If I can help further ,let me know M O'Toole