Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Not mine

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Trish

Trish Report 25 Aug 2003 21:05

Can anyone explain why I have had 2 e-mails asking about someone who is not in my tree? I have not joined up with anyone elses tree.

Crista

Crista Report 25 Aug 2003 21:16

Trish, Anytime someone e-mails you through GC, the message always begins "So and so is interested in your tree. Is this what you mean? Do you see the message in Your Contacts section as well as getting the email? Crista

Trish

Trish Report 25 Aug 2003 21:22

The e-mail always says GC contact whatever but it is not always in my contact box on the GC site.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 25 Aug 2003 21:24

Trish as far as I know it always goes into your contact box. I would be inclined to delete the message and do nothing. If the person is genuine they will hopefully see this and come onto the board with their request. Ann Glos

Trish

Trish Report 25 Aug 2003 21:25

Thanks Ann, will do.

Crista

Crista Report 25 Aug 2003 21:40

Trish, Seeing as your emails don't match the contents of "Your Contacts" I suspect someone may have mistyped their email address in their details and you are getting their emails. Does that make sense? There is no verification of the email address you enter in your details. Crista

Janet

Janet Report 25 Aug 2003 22:54

Why don't you forward the entire mails back to GC so that they can look into it for you? Jan

Margaret

Margaret Report 25 Aug 2003 23:11

Trish I had that problem. It worked out that it was a deleted contact. Margaret

Trish

Trish Report 26 Aug 2003 09:16

Thanks all.