Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help please if you can. I'm desperate!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Aug 2003 16:58

I've tried everything I can think of to find my elusive G G'mother born in Malta to army man, including wasting 10 pounds with PRO archives. I think family may have returned to London, St Geo. Han Sq or E region or vicinity,or Norwich by late 1850's, so if anyone has access to London or Norfolk censuses 1861/71 I'd appreciate a look-up. Family is William Weir father, born about 1820+/-, wife, no info,(maybe Ann), Elizabeth S daughter, born in Malta 1844, Ann E daughter, born in Malta 1846, maybe David son, born 1849/50 and possibly other children born later. Any help at all would be much appreciated. Diana.

mo

mo Report 22 Aug 2003 17:21

Ihave found david 51 on1901with decoder born malta british subject occupation barman census place plumstead don't know if it helps you but no females on 1901 david also 1881 still a barman 104 ann street plumstead kent

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Aug 2003 17:43

Thanks for looking. I had seen those entries and I've a very strong feeling those are the right ones, but since I can't get Ann Weirs Birth certificate can't prove the link. I'm hoping someone can find them all on the 1861 census, as William was deceased by the time of Ann's marriage to my G Grandpa Jesse Jones, in 1871. I can't even find a likely entry for William's death certificate. Anyway thankyou both so much for trying to help. Diana.

Helen

Helen Report 22 Aug 2003 18:24

There are a couple of other Weirs born Malta on 1881. Alexander J, 21, in West Ham and Amelia,20,drapers assistant at 166 Strand. Tried looking for Ann ? , born Malta 1846 +/-2 but there are several possibilities with army connections (? = Lees, Garrison, Williams, Bloomfield)and maybe she didn't marry an army man.