Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Kegworth Museum

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

May

May Report 21 Aug 2003 21:18

Can anyone tell me the website of Kegworth Museum. I have been trying for the last hour to find it. I had it because my grandmother came from Kegworth but I didn't save it (silly) and can't remember the name . I have tried all variations. Can anyone help. MAY

John

John Report 21 Aug 2003 21:26

Mary This should be it www(.)lrmf(.)org(.)uk/m_03_keg(.)htm. Take the brackets away though. John

May

May Report 21 Aug 2003 22:09

Hello John, Tried that thanks but got a big notice up that said FORBIDDEN and also You do not have permission to access the requested file. May We are talking about Kegworth Museum at Leicestershire ?

John

John Report 21 Aug 2003 22:56

May Yes I am talking about the same museum. Try searching in Gooogle for it or the Leicestershire Museums site. I got there easily. Here are the details. Displays include Victorian palour, saddlers, local school, knitting industry, RBL war memorabilia. Winner of 1992, 1993 & 1995 County Heritage Awards. Adult Admissions: Small charge Child Admissions: Small charge Concessions: Small charge Opening hours: 1400-1700 Days: Sun, Wed, Bank Holiday Monday Season: Easter to September (groups by arrangement) John

May

May Report 21 Aug 2003 23:00

Hello John, I've done all that and found what you said but it still doesn't give the website. It's a lovely site with old pictures on. Very interesting but can't remember the website. MAY

John

John Report 21 Aug 2003 23:01

May Here it is again. www(dot)lrmf(dot)org(dot)uk/m_03_keg(dot)htm You probably know that we cant put dots in on this site for web addresses. opy and paste. This time take out the (dot) and replace with a . and you should get there. John

John

John Report 21 Aug 2003 23:03

May That was a quick response. By the time I added to my reply you had already responded!!

May

May Report 21 Aug 2003 23:35

Thanks for your help John, but I tried that and got the FORBIDDEN notice again. I will try somewhere else. Had already been on the Leicester museums one. That only gives you details about the opening times etc. I wanted to get to their website. It's a really lovely site. Pictures of old Kegworth and the lace factory, message board, poetry, really nice. I will keep trying . If I don't find it I will ring them on Sunday when they open and ask them. Thank you again for trying John May