Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Missing birth certificate

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michelle

Michelle Report 20 Aug 2003 12:21

I have been trying to get a copy of my grandfather's birth certificate, but seem to be failing on all avenues. I checked first on BMD, to no avail, so as he was born in Bedminster,Bristol I thought I would try the register offices. Bristol couldn't find him, neither could Weston-Super-Mare, so where do I try now? His name was Edwin Durbin, (could have been Edward, born Sept 1899 or 1900) I don't know his mother's maiden name so cannot check to see if he was born before his parents married. HELP.

SueS

SueS Report 20 Aug 2003 12:44

Michelle there is a birth on FreeBMD Dec quarter of 1900 at Bristol vol.6a page 69 Edward Durbin a quick look at the 1901 shows an Edward age 2 with family group that includes Albert and Kate. There is a marriage registered in 1896 at Bristol Albert George Durbin and one of the 2 listed brides is Kate Eliza Edwards any good? Sue

Michelle

Michelle Report 20 Aug 2003 18:56

Hi Susan, Thanks for your help, I have looked so many times on BMD and not come across the Dec 1900 Edward, this could possibly be him. The other people are not related I don't think, but his father did have a lot of brothers and sisters, I'll check later and let you know. My grandfather's parents were Edward or Edwin and Ada Jane. I think I may have found Ada Jane on BMD today, her maiden name being Dix. Thanks again, M.