Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CWGC site - missing person!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 20 Aug 2003 07:48

I'm trying to find information on a great-uncle: Percival Thomas Weir Stephenson (1887-1917). He was born in Tamworth and moved to Northampton with his job (Refuge Assurance) after he married Phyllis Spooner in Wilnecote in 1912. He was a private in the Royal Fusiliers, London Regiment, and was killed in action in France on October 26th 1917. I've looked at the CWGC site, but he's not there (other relatives are though). I got all this info from an obituary in the local newspaper. I'm trying to find out more about his job and his army record. Can anyone help or give me some clues/tips? Thanks. John Stephenson Alnwick

Mystified

Mystified Report 20 Aug 2003 09:03

Hi John, I dont know if this helps but your bad luck on CWGC is unusual sso I thought I would give it a go. Tried different combinations ie STEVENSON and just using 1 initial and keeping the rest fairly loose. I have come up with 3 possibilities but none of them definite....... different regiments but that could be a possibility or it has been badly transcribed. TE STEVENSON no age Royal Warwickshire 26/10/1917 W STEVENSON 29 27/10/1917 W STEPHENSON 26/10/1917 Sorry if you have already got these but thought it was worth a go. John

Vera

Vera Report 20 Aug 2003 12:11

John Why not let the cwgc site know about your rellie. They might not know so may be glad of the info. Vera Manchester