Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help with census please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anna

Anna Report 19 Aug 2003 20:43

Hello, does anyone know of any websites where i can access census records pre 1880?i am trying to find details of a Henry Macbeth born c1828 and his wife Elizabeth Macbeth(nee Stafford)born c 1830, i have found records of possible deaths of these 2 in June 1872 when the smallpox epedemic was sweeping Sunderland,I dont have any details of where they were born but i think Sunderland.Any suggestions would be gratefully welcomed as i dont live in the area anymore so it isnt easy for me to get to the Durham records office Thanks

Shirlock

Shirlock Report 19 Aug 2003 21:15

Hello Anna I have looked on the 1851 census for Norfolk Warwick and Devon and could only come up with James h 42 Brush maker ---ire Isabella 50 Bonnett maker ---ire Barbara dau U 24 Bonnett maker ---ire Elizabeth U 18 Bonnett maker ---ire Mary dau U 10 Scholar B'ham Alfred Son 15 Nail cutter B'ham John Gson 5m B'ham Old Inkleys Birmingham There was another one for Elizabeth born 1835 in Sheepy-Magna Lec if you would like me to give you the details.As I said it only has Warwick, Norfolk and Devon. Shirley

Anna

Anna Report 19 Aug 2003 21:22

Thanks Shirley.could you give me the details for the other one too please?I seem to be stuck so any possible leads on the names are appreiciated

Shirlock

Shirlock Report 19 Aug 2003 21:53

Here is the other Elizabeth Anna, William Stafford H 47 Farmer 40Ac Emp 2 Labs Thorpe Satchville Lec Elizabeth W 46 Nailstone Lec Elizabeth D 16 Farmers Dau Sheepy Magna Sarah D 14 Farmers Dau Sheepy Magna Joseph S 12 Scholar .. .. Thomas S 10 .. .. .. Richard S 5 .. .. .. Edward Bates Serv U 18 Far Lab Borwell Isaac Brotherhood Serv 14 Farm Lab Sheepy Magna Address Sheepy Magna Atherstone Shirley