Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

adding to my tree on gc

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kim

Kim Report 19 Aug 2003 15:38

have begun to creat my tree here on gc and seem to be having another blonde day, and im not even blonde haha. Ive put my name on and my parents, but want to add more, cant seem to find the right button to click, please help, before i launch the computer out the window many thanks kim.

Angela

Angela Report 19 Aug 2003 15:46

Go to Help/FAQs (on the left) then Building Your Family Tree. That should set you straight :-)

Maxine

Maxine Report 19 Aug 2003 15:48

Hi There Which relatives are you struggling with? If it is your Grandparents brothers and sisters, you will need to put you great grandparents on first - you need to hang the children off a parent. If you don't know their name, then put in something obvious like "unknown" and the surname, so People searching the database don't get confused. Regards Maxine

Paula

Paula Report 19 Aug 2003 15:53

Hiya, I got a little confused by Maxine's explanation that you have to enter great grandparents before your grandparents, as I have gone the other way round. I started with myself and added my parents, and their parents, and so on. To add the next generation each time you need to look at the individuals, and their relatives, and you will be given the option to add their mother/father. I guess you can do it either way - add parents or add children. Hope this doesn't confuse matters even more. In plain English - this is what I do:- Go to "Your Relations" choose the person you want to add relatives to and press the black arrow to the right of them in the column headed "Immediate Family". You will then be given the option to add several members of their family such as parents and children. Hope this helps. Paula

Kim

Kim Report 19 Aug 2003 22:14

Many thanks for the replies. If i had taken the time to look through i may have got there. But i seem to have the hang of it now thanks to you all Best wishes Kim.