Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

certificates...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anna

Anna Report 19 Aug 2003 12:07

Hello just discovered a great place to get birth certificates from...its called www.ukcertificates.com...thought this would be useful as i found it hard to find a site where it was easy.They cost thirty pounds approx. Anna

Angela

Angela Report 19 Aug 2003 12:22

Anna, sorry if I am missing something but I don't really understand why this site are charging 25 pounds for a certificate which takes at least 15 days to come when you can get birth, marriage and death certificates online from the GRO that usually take less than a week for 7 pounds!! The site you mention also charge 10 pounds per name per year (!!) searched - something that would cost no more than a couple of pounds absolute max on 1837online. Please don't waste your money!! If you need help with the sites etc, let us know.