Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help!!!!!!! Please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gail

Gail Report 18 Aug 2003 22:03

Hi, I am trying to find my mother-in-laws birth. We are having a lot of trouble. Her name is Enid Speakman and was born in 1932ish. Her info is that she was born in LEEHOLME, CO DURHAM. We have searched 1837 site with no luck. We are also after her mother - Elizabeth Speakman born 1912 ish in Barnsley. We cannot find her either. Any info would be great. thankyou Jim

Pamela

Pamela Report 18 Aug 2003 23:07

Are you sure you have the correct place name, I have just checked GENUKI and cant find it, (but didnt look for Leaholme) also if it is correct it will be part of a large registration district, so you need to find out where exactly it is. GENUKI should help you to navigate the geography and work out what the reg district and parish are so you know more about where to look. Pam

Pamela

Pamela Report 19 Aug 2003 12:03

James, I have had another look, Leeholme dosent figure on GENUKI, but I have checked the Durham CRO site, which has produced the information that in 1842 Leeholme was in the parishes of Coundon, St James and Auckland St Andrews, not sure what the registration district would be but could be Aukland or even Stockton. Your best bet will be to find it on a map and go from there. Pam

Gail

Gail Report 19 Aug 2003 15:22

Hi Pamela, After a lot more searching we found the information that we were after. Elizabeth Speakman was born in Barnsley 1913. Enid Speakman was born in Auckland 1932. That is as far as I have got. Thanks for your help. Jim