Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cant find death!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alison

Alison Report 16 Aug 2003 13:35

I have been trying to find a date of death for my gg grandrather Andrew Hosie he was born in 1844 he died some time after 1903 as he was alive when his daughter married have tried the Scots records as he was there in 1901 and the English as he was in London when his daughter married and his wife was buried in Slough in 1923 but he doesent seem to be listed anywhere, he must have died as hed be nearly 160 by now! I have been in touch with a relative who has been tracing the Hosie line for the last 30 years but he couldnt find his date of death either. Has anyone got any ideas or who could help?

Heather

Heather Report 16 Aug 2003 13:50

do you know for certain that he was alive when his daughter married - was he one of the witnesses if not they didn't always put deceased in the father's name box if you let us have his name im sure someone will try and find him for you. hevi

Alison

Alison Report 16 Aug 2003 16:35

Sorry Alison I couldn't find anything on FreeBMD. HAve you tried 1837online? I have been looking for records of the birth and marriage of one of my ancestors - Frederick Chipperton Senior but to no avail either. Sometimes it is just not possible it seems. Alison

Mystified

Mystified Report 16 Aug 2003 17:40

Perhaps your gggrandfather came and went on the same spaceship as my ggrandfather Riley Ferguson c1872. He suddenly appears in 1891 gets married has children and then disappears again. Isn't it frustrating? Adds spice to the obsession though. lol

Alison

Alison Report 16 Aug 2003 17:47

He was definately alive when his daughter married but I dont know where he was living when he died. On each census he was some where else working as a coachman Cheshire, Glasgow and London so if he left a will I dont know where he would have lodged it.Ive tried 1837 'till my eyes crossed. I know his wife had her funeral at St Laurences Chorch in Upton cum Chalvey but I dont know where the cemetaries are round there and Im 200 miles away so I cant nip down and wander round the graveyards on the off chance:)

John

John Report 16 Aug 2003 19:10

Alison You won't generally currently find death records after 1903 because this information tends to be withheld for 100 years. John

Anita

Anita Report 5 Jun 2012 16:27

is this the same line as Agnes Annie Hosie born in Cheshire 1872 she died in 1927. Married George Clilverd in Slough I believe this was her father?

Anita

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Jun 2012 16:46

Anita
Alison hasnt posted since 2003 so its very unlikely she is still member.

You could send her a PM by clicking on Send Message under her name. If sh still has the same email address she will receive it and can answer you