Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

information from medical files

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 16 Aug 2003 11:24

My dad's cousin lived most of his life in a special hospital as he had what would now be termed learning difficulties. my dad only remebers this young boy who behaved strangely, but who disappeared in his late teens. The hospital he lived in is now part of Huddersfield University and dad is his nearest living relative. Does anyone know how I could get hold of some very basic info about my cousin, i.e. what was his condition and, if possible something about his life there? Any help much appreciated, Jules

George

George Report 16 Aug 2003 11:33

We did something similar years ago. From what i remember you have to find out if their old records have been sent to an archive. Ring your local archive or library if they have them and the years of admissions available. Ask what permission is needed to view them, i think we had to get permission from Social services. You will then get access to his full record. George