Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Henry Stafford Macbeth

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anna

Anna Report 15 Aug 2003 12:28

I am looking for details on my Great Great Grandfather Henry Stafford Macbeth.He was born in Sunderland 1854 and died in 1926.I have found details of him on the 1881 census but there is nothing on the 1901 on him.i was just wondering if any if anyone knew how i should go about finding further details. I have also got the exact date of his death but cant seen to find any reference of his death.It seems he has dissappeared off the face of the earth!! Any suggestions as to what my next step should be would be greatly appriciated.Thanks

mab

mab Report 15 Aug 2003 15:11

Anna, there is a 'Samuel Macbeth' of the right age born & living in 'Sunderland Durham'. Any chance it is a mis-hearing of 'Stafford'? Marian

Crista

Crista Report 15 Aug 2003 19:07

Anna, If you can add details of his wife and children it might help us to find him. Crista

Mystified

Mystified Report 15 Aug 2003 19:11

Anna, there is a Henry Macbeth aged 47.......... general dealer living in Southwick born Durham, Monkwearmouth in 1901. Just type in Macbeth, 47, it will bring up 14 names and he was 8th. John

Crista

Crista Report 15 Aug 2003 19:15

Anna, Henry Macbeth, Martha and Frances are all listed on the 1901 census as living in Southwick Durham. This matches the family listed on 1881. Crista

Anna

Anna Report 16 Aug 2003 16:07

Thanks for replying everyone,im just going through my information and will try to find names of his children as i have received a few more details from my mother

Anna

Anna Report 16 Aug 2003 19:27

sorry to be a pest again but how can i access the 1891 census?is it available to view online? on a brighter note i re entered the details for henry onto the 1901 census and found him.Dont know why i couldnt the other day!!

Crista

Crista Report 16 Aug 2003 23:18

Anna, Parts of the 1891 census are available free at freecen.rootsweb(.)com. Otherwise, you can try a free trial at Ancestry(.)co.uk. After 14 days you have to pay. Crista

Mystified

Mystified Report 17 Aug 2003 07:32

Add a request on here, most people are helpful. Someone will look for you I amm sure