Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Maiden Name Help Needed

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 14 Aug 2003 16:36

Is there anyone that could look up the Maiden name for Jane Turner who Married Arthur Turner Born Circa 1865 from Warwickshire. Many Thanks

Maxine

Maxine Report 14 Aug 2003 16:44

Hi there There is nothing coming up for Warwickshire - are you sure this is where they married? on the LDS site the IGI gives a record of Arthur John turner marrying Jane Knight 03 JUL 1864 Chislehurst, Kent, England . The batch reference if you want to look at it is M147562. Regards Maxine Sorry - just noticed that he was born circa 1865 - not married then - I'll have another look!

Patricia

Patricia Report 14 Aug 2003 16:54

Many thanks for that. Best Wishes Pat

JillGr

JillGr Report 14 Aug 2003 16:55

It's a bit like needles and haystacks without some more information. There's a possibility on Free BMD: Sep 1887 Arthur Samuel Turner MIGHT have married Jane Elizabeth Cox in Southam. 6d 896.

Patricia

Patricia Report 14 Aug 2003 16:58

i know i am banging my head up a wall at the moment LOL Regards

Maxine

Maxine Report 14 Aug 2003 17:07

Hi there I would agree with jill - that comes up on the IGI as the most likely.(batch ref M010813) There is also an Arthur Turner marrying a Jane Stanford - batch ref M153592 23 FEB 1881 All Saints, Warwick, Warwick, England .- but that would put his birth date out. Regards Maxine

Crista

Crista Report 15 Aug 2003 08:25

Patricia, Can you find them and their family on the 1901 census? The birth date of the oldest child will help give us a clue as to their marriage year. I found this Arthur and Jane living in Warwickshire. Forename(s) Lastname Age Year Born Where Born Census Place Census County Occupation Arthur TURNER 34 Warwick Southam Southam Warwick Labourer At Limeworks Jane TURNER 36 Warwick Southam Southam Warwick Ernest TURNER 11 Warwick Southam Southam Warwick Charles TURNER10 Warwick Southam Southam Warwick Edward TURNER 6 Warwick Southam Southam Warwick Cyril TURNER 2 Warwick Southam Southam Warwick The marriage record Jill found might match. Crista