Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

lookup 1851 census somerset

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 14 Aug 2003 12:59

i'm looking for the Chorley family living in Milverton. in 1851 they would be aged abt Thomas 52ys and Sarah 49yrs, children William 29yrs, Mary ann 27yrs, John 24ys, Jane 19yrs,(These 3 are probably married) Henry 16yrs, Samuel 12ys could still be at home. William possibly could have been married to Mary ann Hayward. Any help tracing this family would be appriciated. Thanks Jane

Marion

Marion Report 15 Aug 2003 00:14

Hi Jane, Found a couple of Chorleys but only the following seems relevant : 111 Silver Street CHORLEY William 29 Tanners Labourer Mil. Som Mary Ann 29 Milverton, Som Jane 1 Milverton, Som. 50 Wood Street CHORLEY Thomas 53 Mason Wiveliscombe, Som. Sarah 49 Huish Champflower, Som. Henry 16 Masons Labourer Milv. Som Samuel 11 Scholar Milv. Som. Henrietta 2m Grandaughter Milv.Som. DAVY Robert Lodger Unemployed 33 Carpenter Honiton Hope this helps, there are a few other Chorley families, if you want any names let me know. Also I can send you the original digitised copy if you can e-mail me. Marion